It’s late and I’m tired, but I wanted to post this before I forget. Looking at my read list, I’m kind of surprised at how much reading I got done! Was October really that long?
After finishing Emma last week, I realized I only had 11 books left to read on my book list for the year which means I have to read about a book a week to finish. Unfortunately, but not too unfortunate, I had three books on hold that I picked up at the library today that weren’t on my original list (In Defense of Food: An Eater’s Manifesto, How To Raise An Amazing Child the Montessori Way, and Writing the Breakout Novel). I did have The Day the Falls Stood Still, but returned it when I realized I probably wasn’t going to be able to finish it and couldn’t renew it since there were other holds on it.
This month I finished reading:
- Emma, by Jane Austen (Yes! I finally finished it!)
- When the Morning Comes, by Cindy Woodsmall
- When the Soul Mends, by Cindy Woodsmall
- Birth: The Surprising History of How We Are Born, by Tina Cassidy
- Twenties Girl, by Sophie Kinsella
- Tuck Everlasting, by Natalie Babbit
- What Difference Do It Make?: Stories of Hope and Healing, by Ron Hall & Denver Moore
I’m still reading:
- Sacred Chaos: Spiritual Disciplines for the Life You Have, by Tricia Rhodes
- Spiritual Disciplines for the Christian Life, by Don Whitney (for my Discipleship class with SWI)
Next month I plan to read:
- The Little Prince, Antoine De Saint-Exupery
- God Is the Gospel, John Piper
- The Journals of Jim Elliot, edited by Elisabeth Elliot
- Arms and the Man, George Bernard Shaw
I wonder if I’ll be as successful in the coming month as I was this last month!